photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Monday 5 August 2013

July Favourites


July was an absolute scorcher! Hurray, we were finally able to celebrate summer. The perfect weather had, after what seemed like a wait of eternity, arrived in the England and one could top up the tan and chill with a British BBQ and pimms!
On the makeup front however, problems were soon to arise, such as 'aaaah, how is this stuff not going to melt off my face' scenario!

Therefore, the top of my list has to be Diorskin Nude BB Creme. Now I know some of us may all disregard the BB and CC nonsense but this really is a beautiful product. It provided me with a light coverage that was so needed in the hot weather, whilst also creating a healthy glow. I couldn't help but notice my skin in the mirror and, apologies, have a good old vain stare!

In the summer months I always tend to stay away from powder blushers and so I brought this product back up from the depths of my makeup bag! Bobbie Brown Sheer Colour Cheek tint in the shade sheer pink is the prettiest, cheeky pink that I can only describe as giving you the cute, little girl colour. Blended into the Dior it worked a treat on my skin!

To keep up the tan I purchased (after a Tanya Burr recommendation of course!) the  Clarins Bronzing Duo. This has been a wonderful number which has allowed me to finally put the Nars Laguna down. I have found the Clarins the perfect bronzer for a daytime look. Applied with a Mac 236 brush it has created shape and a lovely summer time glow!

On my nails I have been using Bourjois 1 second nail gel in the shade turquoise block. After the Vivianna Does make-up post I couldn't not say no. Easy to apply and a brilliant, vibrant colour. This shade has wonderfully enhanced my tanned hands!

For Lips I have returned back to my Revlon Colour burst lip butter's, particularly the shade Strawberry Shortcake. These lip butters give wonderful shine and colour and are not as heavy as lipsticks which I prefer for nights out or the winter!

Finally, my July scent has obviously had to be EsteĆ© Lauder Bronze Goddess. I purchased this at the airport (duty free savings and all that!) and enjoyed a luxurious spray a day on holiday. It smells of all things holiday. It really is just summer in a bottle. I thoroughly recommend giving it a sniff next time you are near a concession!

Enjoy the sun while you can and let me know what your Summer Staples have been. I love a good beauty discussion!


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...