photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Friday 6 September 2013

Birthday makeup haul


On Wednesday I turned the ever so sounding grown up age of twenty! As a makeup lover it was quite natural that I would just share with you what I received. Please note this is not in a show off way, its just an excuse to me to talk about all things new and show how well they photograph together!

Firstly my wonderful friend Chloe or Style Scout (please check out her blog as one day she will have an influence over what is published in Vogue) got me a lovely goodie bag from Liberty's which included...

Nars Blusher in Orgasm. Why I have never purchased this myself I will never know. It is the perfect, peach, pink just oooooh-wow shade. I love my Nars blusher in Deep Throat but now I realise why this is there best selling blusher. I know this will be the perfect pick me up in the cold days of Autumn.

Bobbie Brown Cream Shadow Stick was the second surprise. I have been a huge fan of the Clinique Chubby sticks but, ironically, have been disappointed by how chubby they actually are; making them difficult to apply completely and neatly over the lid. This Bobbie Brown number however has resolved my problem. With a smaller stick this has answered my problems. In the shade Golden Pink Chloe chose my favourite shade!

Then finally I had in the Bobbie Brown Face Touch Up Stick in shade sand. This is my saver throughout the day when I need the pick me up around the eyes and pesky blemishes.

I have the kindest and most generous friend in the world right? Love ya if you're reading this!!

My second best friend, my mother, then treated me to my final two items.

A MAC 217 brush. Perhaps the only makeup brush a girl ever needs. It applies, its blends, it smudges. It is the all-rounded tool for applying eyeshadow. After receiving a fake from ebay I needed the real thing in my life!

A few Christmas' ago my mum bought me a lovely tartan Mac set which included a limited edition lipstick. Great that there aren't many of these shades in the world but a bit of a bugger when you need to replenish you're favourite dark shade! So after much swatching in the MAC concession I finally found its replica in the shade 'Oh'. A beautiful deep set, bronzy, burgundy red which will be making an occasion more often on my lips now that I know I can repurchase!


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...