photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Winter Lipsticks



For a while now I have being trying to gain more confidence when it comes to lipsticks. I've always been a balm girl and believed too much colour meant too much "trying". However, I think its time now I realised my mistakes when it comes to the pouting department. Vivid lipcolour is in trend. It is ok to be bold; enhancing your confidence and femininity. What a way to bring in the Christmas season with a bold, sumptuous red pout!

And so, as my confidence has grown, so has my collection. So I'm going to share with you my favourite colours that I think will be great for the winter, and of corse, Christmas months!



So, (from left to right)...

Body Shop Colour Burst Lipstick Enraptured Red. This really is a "boom, Ive got colour (holla)" shade. (If you know what I mean ladies!). I always feeling like Lady Scarlet when applying this. Applied with careful precision, this is an excellent formula for long lasting colour.

Revlon Colour Burst Lip Butter - Raspberry Shortcake. I have quite a few products from the Lip Butter range. Yes, this technically isnt a lipstick, but it provides a lovely, hint of natural, raspberry toned colour which is perfect for winter. For a day time look when I perhaps don't want to be too bold (or, simply, can't be bothered) this does the job perfectly.

MAC - Dare You. A smoothy, promiscuous, yet slightly innocent red. This isn't as vivid as the Body Shop red yet still provides a full, shimmering red colour. If you're looking for a seducing pout then I thoroughly recommend 'Dare you'.

MAC- 'O'. My friends are always asking to borrow this on nights out. Being a frost formula the shade provides quite a glossy finish. This is one of my favourite lipsticks. A great step up for someone trying to branch their way slowly in to the world of bold lip colour.


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick - Glam plum Fulham. Whilst providing a tremendous amount of eye-popping shade this lipstick provides an unbelieveable moisturising finish. Easy to apply, fab colour and an affordable price. This lipstick, if you are to get any, is most definitely the one to go for!

Topshop - Beguiled. One can never go wrong with a Topshop lipstick. This, whilst perhaps looking a little terrifying in colour, this shade is a great daaaark red. Matt in texture this is perfect is you are looking for a more vampy red.

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Black Cherry. As you will see from my last post, this really is a very dark shade. Like a black forest gateau (excuse the food reference) it provides a dark, red colour and certainly one that will get heads turning (not based on personal experience!). If you're daring then I really do recommend giving this shade a go!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...