photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Saturday 14 June 2014

Orange Is The New Black







If you're a regular reader of Folkes Thinks then you'll know that recently I've 
been slowly introducing a new colour into my makeup palette. Yup that's right, the blue toned polish is starting to be overtaken by  a collection of oranges. What's orange got that blue hasn't...the skill to double as a lipstick shade!

It all started off when the Revlon Colour Burst Matt and Just Bitten new shades were introduced. I went straight for the oranges after being inspired by numerous beauty bloggers recommendations. What can I say, the love for orange on the lips has grown since. The new one is the Rimmel Kate Matt Lipstick in the shade 101: a fab coral colour. I love the Matt range. They have a long lasting finish and the colours in the collection are a winner. I also have shade 110, a lovely nude-pink that I thoroughly recommend! 

In terms of the nail department Clinique Happy Heart was the first of the collection. A lovely feel good shade, but I do think it works best on the toes. The Essie in the shade 'Orange, it's obvious' (probably what I should have titled this post) is a tricky one to find these days. However, as you can see, it's the "pop-in-your-face" of them all. I got in an Asos beauty sale but an ebay search should definitely do the trick if you're keen. The Rimmel Salon Pro in Hip Hop (love the name) is a recent purchase after watching a Vivianna Does Makeup Vlog. It just had to be purchased okay. I love the Rimmel Lycra formulas. They are so easy to apply and have a lovely shiny finish. Rimmel Sun Downer is an absolute dupe for the famous Chanel Holiday shade. Who needs to spend £18 for a polish with this one?!

My Favourite has to be the Kate Moss Rimmel range. I had loved wearing the shade 101 recently. It gives the perfect pop to a natural look or the necessary finish to a smokey eye formula. What are your favourite oranges?




 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. what a lovely collection of reds you have, beautiful post xx
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the 111 by Rimmel Kate Moss and I love it! They're lipsticks are amazing! Xx

    riitamacedo.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...