photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Friday 12 June 2015

Blow.


                                         

 


Last Friday was my Graduation Ball. Instead of spending hundreds on a dress, that I will probably only wear once, I decided to stick with a firm favourite in my wardrobe from Lavish Alice and invest on my hair. Whilst I love applying my own makeup I am in no way a pro in the hair department. So when it comes to a more special occasion I'm always in need of some assistance. 

Now, I never envisaged writing a post about this experience - hence the excellent Snapchat quality saved picture! I am always apprehensive about trying somewhere new in the hair-dresser world, mainly due to a bad wowcher experience. There is only one lady I trust to do my hair and, unfortunately, I couldn't transport her from the North to London! Nevertheless the search had to begin to try and find somewhere that would create something I'm happy with. 

My Instagram searches led me to discover Blow. A salon with a menu, designed around the concept of 'Fast Beauty': literarily you are in and out within half an hour. With a lot of recommendations from bloggers I follow and noted magazines I decided to give them a go. 

As I always have my hair loose I chose the undone bun style (one of the six styles you can choose from). Usually they will wash your hair if you're having a blow dry but up styles work best on second day hair.  I was more than happy with the result and I felt (without blowing my own trumpet) that it added a bit of sophistication to my outside without the expensive dress price tag. 

I was so happy with the experience of Blow: from the hair stylists, to the products they used and just the nice, clean atmosphere! Situated centrally in Covent Garden it's super handy and I thoroughly recommend a visit. I will definitely be going again for my graduation ceremony. 

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...