photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Wednesday 3 June 2015

Foodie London


The past three years of living in London has led me to some wonderful, taste bud experimentation! Whilst I love to eat healthily I'm also a big believer in balance so I do occasionally pig out (by occasionally I mean every week!)  If you follow me on Instagram then you will definitely know what I'm on about here. I love trying new places to eat out and so I thought I would collate some of my favourite food experiences in London.

Eat Pizza.



If a friend is asking me somewhere to try for dinner I will ALWAYS say Homeslice. Firstly, because who doesn't love pizza. Secondly, I promise you will love it even more here. A huuuuuge pizza where the menu is written daily on the blackboard and your pizza is divided in two.  I thoroughly recommend half sweetcorn/chorizo and half caprese. Mmmm I'm drooling as I type.

Afternoon tea.



As you will see from my instagram, one of my favourite pastimes is to eat cake. I absolutely love the experience of Afternoon Tea and get far too excited when the waiter arrives with the sandwich tray. I recently visited Sketch and would have to give it a gold star in the Afternoon Tea books (trust me, I've tried a few)! With a seriously cool pink interior, bizarre toilets and just delicious cakes (the toasted cheese sandwich was also a bonus) this place is a must-do on a trip to London. Situated just off Regents Street its a handy location for when you've finished your retail therapy.

Go Raw.



My beautiful friend Kathryn (check out her foodie Instagram) is my inspiration when it comes to raw goodness. She introduced me to the wonderful creations produced by the Wild Food Cafe. Raw cake is absolutely delicious from this place, seriously you'll find you and your date scraping the plate with your fingers. Who needs normal cake when it can taste this good! Tucked away in Neals Yard this place has a lovely atmosphere.


Try a Doughnut.



One of my favourite things to do in London is to stroll around Borough Market. For some reason I find it very relaxing looking at the many varieties of food and searching for samples! But my favourite stand has to be Bread Ahead. Here they sell the most delicious doughnuts I have ever tasted. From velvet chocolate to honeycomb crumb, they offer a variety of flavours and they're just oozing with delicious chocolate cream. Whilst this is a highly calorific treat, everyone once in a while can't hurt right?!

I'm always up for trying new food and restaurants, any recommendations?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...