photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Monday 22 June 2015

Taste of London



Last week was my lucky week as I won tickets to  Taste of London. A festival of food in Regent's Park which celebrates the diversity and creativity of London's restaurants. If you're one of my instagram followers then you'll know I love a good food post. So instead of my nail themed Monday, I thought I'd share with you some of the delicious things I tried out!


Firstly was this bad boy from Kurobuta. A BBQ pork belly in a steamed bun with a spicy peanut sauce.  Throughout the day I kept thinking back to this, it really did set the bar high! 


Annoyingly this was the only photo I took of the next place, Bubbledogs. I have always wanted to try this restaurant on Charlotte Street. The menu is simple: hot dogs and champagne. In my opinion, that's the perfect combination. However, here I tried their Ranch 'Tater Tots' which were some rather snazzy potato croquets. 


If you've dined at Duck and Waffle then this photo is recognisable: Bacon wrapped dated. This photo does not do any justice to this plate of deliciousness. Situated at the top of Heron Tower Duck and Waffle is, without a doubt, one of the coolest restaurants I have been to in London. The menu is so unique.



This Barbecoa pretty pudding is a salted peanut butter Cheesecake with black cherries and sour cherry candy floss. I chose this mainly due to other Instagram posts on the day, it just looked so inviting! But I've never been one to say no to cheesecake. This was good, but I did expect more of a peanuty taste…


HALF TIME. It's time for a classic Sipsmith Gin and Tonic and a rest to digest. 


 I had never heard of Mazi before, but I was certainly all hands up for their Grandma's meatballs with handmade crisps. They were rich tasty meat balls that left me and my boyfriend with a big grin. We just wanted some tomato sauce and spaghetti on the side.


I'm sure a lot of you Londoner's will have heard of MEATliquor. I, however, have never tried the famous burger chain. I know, I hang my head in shame. This is one of their Dead Hippie Sliders. A mustard-fried beef patty, with dead hippie Sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions. Drooling yet?! Whilst it may not be a fancy as the more expensive restaurants, this was definitely one of the tastiest things I ate the whole day. 


Then, my last dish of the day was from Chop Shop. A Roast pulled pork sausage roll with apple ketchup. Mmm, the pork was perfectly cooked. My only criticism was it was too small. 


Now I did just say I had my last dish but what I meant to say was my last savoury dish. I wasn't going to just walk past the Primrose Bakery stand now was I?! I chose one of their malteaser brownies. A lovely sweet treat to end a day of stuffing my face.



 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...