photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Evening Skincare Routine


Following up from my Morning skincare post (here) it is now time to share my current evening skin care routine. Whilst I love applying my makeup I will always say that my favourite time of the day is taking it all off before bed. Just like my morning skin routine, the evening has developed into a rather obsessive procedure. 

Firstly, it's step one of cleansing. If you are a regular reader then you will know that this has been The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil for a while.  This is a firm favourite in my skincare cupboard. When they say silky, they really do mean silky. It is such a soothing, gentle oil that quickly removes makeup. I don't think I would ever pay more for a cleansing oil as this does the job perfectly. Sometimes if I have waterproof eye makeup on then I will also go in with the Camomile Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover which, again, has a big thumbs up from me. It doesn't irritate my eyes, or leave them feeling oily, it just quickly does them job. 

I then cleanse my skin. PLEASE, note the difference between the oil cleanser to take off my make up and the cleanser to cleanse my skin. For this second step I use Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish - a trusty cleanser that I have been using for over six years now. I love its creamy texture; it never irritates my skin; and is really soothing after a long stressful day.

Now, this is then when the routine gets exciting. About three times a week, or every other day (if its a bad skin week) I go in with an AHA toner. As you will have read from a previous post, this is my preferred form of exfoliation. I find that it provides better results and is less irritating than an exfoliating scrub with beads. After a few seconds I then spray over a hydrating toner. My favourite one for the evening is the La Roche Posay Serozinc. It soothes my skin and ALWAYS solves my bad skin days. 

The rest is then simple. I moisturise, with the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream,  and then apply an oil over the top. In the past I have loved using the Origins Night-a-Mins moisturiser. I really do miss that from my current routine, as it is so rich and moisturising. However, applying the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Oil over the top has made me notice some encouraging results. I seem to have had this in my skincare stash for a while, but only ever used it occasionally. After a routine of application I have noticed in the morning that my skin looks plumper and my complexion much more even. Perhaps I shouldn't have dismissed it so much.

What are you holy-gail evening products?

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...