photo ew-header_zpsf3f7facf.png

Why not try...

afterlight Emily/Twenty/London

Monday 31 August 2015

The Gel Manicure



Whilst on a hunt for a new birthday polish (a tradition of mine), and with a 2 for £8 offer at Boots, I decided to pick up the Revlon Gel Envy polishes in Up the Ante and the Diamond top coat

I could spend a while talking about how much I love the colour but the formula deserves a lot of attention: a perfectly nail-curved-applicator and thick polish which only needs two coats it deserves a big thumbs up. When it comes to the Diamond Top Coat however we're on a whole different wave length of nail polish history. 

I am always on the hunt for a good drugstore top coat. Whilst everyone raves about Seche Viche - which I'll admit, does do a fantastic job - I don't really want to spend £10 on a flipping top coat. Moreover, I have previously shared my love for the Rimmel Finishing Touch, an equally great and cheap top coat. However, I think I have just made a discovery that kicks Finishing Touch out of the nail polish drawer... 

Excuse the hyperbole but the Revlon Diamond Top Coat is honestly one of the best top coats I've ever tried. It is incredibly shiny and seriously chip proof! Interestingly the applicator is two brushes in one - they join together at the bottom. One thing I suffer from with other top coats is that they can be so thick that I end up peeling the whole polish off…does anyone else do this? This one however seems to almost blend into the polish creating an even layer. This top coat is definitely a must have for a nail polish addict and at £4 (with this offer) how can you say no?!

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...